Saturday, November 30, 2013

Aloha KORE Academy!

This is Mrs. Gutteridge's Flat Stanley and I have a surprise for you. I got to go on vacation with the Marleys! They took me to the island of Kauai in Hawaii! Mrs. Marley didn't take very many pictures. We mostly went to the pool and the beach. I think my tan looks pretty good though. :)

We did get to see some hula dancers and a cool Green Winged Macaw named Rico. 




They were doing a parrot talk at the Hyatt, which was near our condo. So Marina, Silas, and I went to hear it.  Macaws are not indigenous to Hawaii, but the Hyatt has some beautiful Macaws and it was fun learning about them.  Macaws are from Central & South America and Mrs. Marley actually saw a wild one in Costa Rica.  Rico is known for squeezing and dipping his oranges into his water for a juicy drink! 

Mrs. Marley did some research on Kauai for our class. Kauai is the oldest and most northern of the Hawaiian islands. It is known as the "Garden Isle" since it is very lush and green. The beautiful vegetation can be attributed to a rainier climate. Some say Mt. Waialeale, the tallest mountain on Kauai is the rainiest place on earth with about 400 inches of rain per year. Luckily, most of the rain stays just in one spot leaving the island a true paradise. To find out more information about Kauai, you can visit the website that Mrs. Marley used, http://www.gohawaii.com/kauai/about.

Well, I'm on my way back to the mainland. The next time you hear from me, I'll be in Oregon. TTFN (Ta Ta For Now)

No comments:

Post a Comment