Saturday, November 30, 2013

Greetings from the land of 10,000 lakes

The land of 10,000 lakes? Confused? So was I until I visited Carolyn's aunt, uncle, and cousin in Minnesota. They have soooo many lakes here that it's nickname is The Land of 10,000 Lakes.

I have been visiting Rogers, Minnesota with Carolyn Walker’s cousin Nicole Kreider and her parents Janet and Clark.

The weather here is MUCH colder than Florida! Because of the difference in temperature I needed to get some new clothes. Now I have a few pair of pants, shirts, even a coat!



My visit here is during the fall season. I had the opportunity to play in leaves that fell from trees in the yard. There are LOTS of leaves to play in. I was a little late to see them when they were different colors on the trees. Nicole told me it is very pretty.



Winter is just around the corner so it is starting to get rather cool at night. Sometimes we have a fire in the living room to keep warm. The fire is pretty and very toasty. It sure helped me stay warm but I was very careful not to get too close. I was told that snow should be coming soon. That would be exciting to see but I will be leaving soon.

Nicole is a competition dancer and spends at least 25 hours each week at the dance studio practicing different types of dance – jazz, tap, ballet, point, lyrical, hip hop, ballroom, and samba.



I tried several of the shoes, but found the pointe and ballroom shoes were definitely NOT for me.



Rogers is a quiet northwest suburb of Minneapolis. Minneapolis is home of the Mall of America, the largest indoor shopping mall in the United States. It even has an amusement park in the center!

There are many professional sport teams here. We drove around downtown Minneapolis and saw the stadiums for the Minnesota Timberwolves basketball team, Minnesota Twins baseball team, and the Minnesota Vikings football team. In downtown St. Paul, the capitol of Minnesota, they have the Minnesota Wild hockey team.

I enjoyed visiting Minnesota, but am looking forward to my next stop in California, where it will be warmer.

No comments:

Post a Comment